Half day fully guided cycle tour of GRANITE BELT FOOD and WINE highlights
This fully guided Castles, Cafe's and Cabernet bicycle adventure tour starts at a 'castle' deep within state forest. We stretch our legs first as we explore the eerie caves and take a short walk up to the lookout for the magnificent view. We then set off on our bikes to experience the vastness of the region's apple orchards, small produce farms and vineyards.
You may encounter a local kangaroo or two on the quiet country roads not to mention the alpacas, cows, sheep and colourful birdlife. We stop to taste locally made produce including farmhouse cheese at a working dairy farm and cheese factory and sample award winning wines right at the cellar door.
The nitty gritty...
- Collection from your Stanthorpe (CBD) accommodation and transport to the ride start, about a 15 minute journey.
- Cycling on quiet country roads on a quality bicycle with helmet, gel seat & pannier included.
- Knowledgeable, friendly guide to show you the way with great local stories to tell.
- Morning tea which is usually mouth-watering baked cheesecake - you won't say no!
- Plenty of stops where you can purchase wine and other local goodies - and you don't have to carry it as we collect all your purchases for you.
- Total time for tour is approximately 4 hours with stops but depends on the group size and ability.
- This experience is suitable for any reasonably active person who is comfortable riding a bike on sealed and dirt/gravel roads.
- If your accommodation falls outside Stanthorpe CBD our pick up location is the Stanthorpe Visitor Information Centre (please select this option when booking).
- Please contact us for large group bookings.