Bike and Hike
Our Bike & Hike package is a must do for anyone who loves the outdoors and a bit of adventure. It's great for travellers that have arrived by bus and want to experience the spectacular national parks of the area. Travel on dirt roads that take you deep in to the park. Photo opportunities are endless and always differ from season to season. When you get to the park you can choose which walks you would like to do. There are beautiful swimming holes on some walks, great to cool off in summer. Remember to bring a towel and sunscreen.
In this package we will collect you from your Stanthorpe accommodation* and transport you to the starting location. The cycling is mainly on dirt roads and has some steep ascents and descents. A moderate fitness level and experience on dirt roads will be an advantage. Traffic is usually minimal except for busy periods like Easter. Walks are very well marked and vary in distance. Information on walks is available on park signage. You will be collected at a pre-arranged time and place. Please leave enough time to return to the meeting place for your pick up. The ride distance of 11kms can be extended to suit your requirements.
- Quality hire bike suitable for the terrain, helmet and panniers (if needed), drink bottle holder, bike lock and puncture repair kit;
- Collection from your Stanthorpe accommodation* and vehicle transport to the start location;
- Map of ride route;
- Return transport which has been arranged on the day for a specific place and time;
- Roadside assistance and phone support should you need any help or information along the way (note there can be poor phone coverage on this route);
- For two people this package is $180.
- Single person package is $110pp.
Points to note:
- Tours available 7 days a week.
- Please phone for last minute bookings - 0405 604 926.
- Please take enough water and food for the day. There are no shops to buy anything. We suggest our gourmet picnic hamper which is full of lovely local produce, suitable for two and pre-packed to fit in the pannier for your convenience.
- Mobile phone coverage is poor and is why we confirm a pre-arranged meeting time and place for pick up. Public pay phone is available in the day use area.
- Bikes must not be ridden on walking tracks.
- * Stanthorpe CBD accommodation pick up is free, outside incurs a surcharge.
- Bikes must be locked when unattended.