Hire & Hamper package - Our most popular!
“Great day” 5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 September 2015
We hired two bikes and did the Stanthorpe to Ballandean bike trail. The bikes were top quality and it was good to know Jon would come pick us up if we broke down. The packed lunch was amazing. Definitely recommend getting the lunch. Plus you get to keep the bag. A great taste of all local produce!
At the end of the day we just called Jon and he came and he picked us up just as we finished our last wine tasting. A real must if you don't want to just sit on a bus and go where you're told on a granite belt tour. Phillip M - TripAdvisor - September 2015
The most popular ride to do on the Granite Belt is the Stanthorpe to Ballandean Bike Trail. The Southern Downs Regional Council Bike Trail is 34kms one way and is well sign-posted so you don't get lost.
This package deal for two people is $160 and includes all of this:
- two hire bikes for the day (including pannier/s if required)
- a gourmet regional picnic hamper (suitable for 2 people) - full of yummy local produce and discount vouchers for retail outlets in the region
- detailed map including points of interest - check out our 'alternate route' for something different
- return transport (unless you wish to ride back)
- a great day out together, beautiful countryside, fresh air and a bit of exercise!
*(Hire & Hamper package for Mini Bike trail is $180 for two people)
Mini Bike Trail package
If you are not interested in cycling the whole 34kms of the bike trail, then this package is for you. We take you to the half way point and set you off from there. The scenery is spectacular and if wineries are your thing, you won't be disappointed when you roll in to Ballandean.
This package deal is $65pp and includes:
- hire bike for the day (including pannier/s if required)
- transport to the half way point of the bike trail, leaving approx 17kms to cycle
- detailed map including points of interest
- return transport
- spectacular scenery, fresh air and a bit of exercise!
Aloomba Lavender & Liston
Discount voucher for gift shop included with bike hire.
Take this self-guided tour of approx. 20kms from Stanthorpe to the quaint little township of Liston. Cross the border into New South Wales, cycle on quiet country roads through picture perfect cattle grazing country. Rest for a while at the ANZAC monument in Liston before continuing a short distance up the road to Aloomba Lavender.
Stroll through the lavender fields, enjoy the beautiful scenery, look through the gift shop and enjoy a well-earned refreshment at the farm café including scones, tea and coffee or try the famous lavender ice-cream.
The best part of this ride is the gentle downhill ride back to Stanthorpe but if you don’t want to ride back, we'll pick you up. Aloomba Lavender is open 7 days 8:30am-4:30pm.
Law Dogs Australia
Not just for dog lovers, Lawdogs Australia is Australia's first privately owned training kennel that is open to the public to see puppies and adult dogs going through their training and doing demonstrations of protection, detection and agility.
An achievable 15kms (approx) from Stanthorpe to Lawdogs. Catch a show at 11am or 2pm on Wednesday and Saturdays (check website for possible more shows in school holidays), then roll back to town. What a great day out!
Discount voucher included with bike hire.
Taste of the Region - Gourmet Picnic Hamper Pack - $65
We have done all the running around for you. We've gone north and south and all around this area to find you the best produce for a great picnic hamper. This pack for two people includes:
- your very own insulated back pack to keep for future rides, bushwalks etc;
- regional produce including Stanthorpe Cheese, Suttons Apple Juice, Bramble Patch fruit paste, cured meat products, Coolmunda organic olives + more;
- discount vouchers for local attractions and retail outlets.
Take one home with you or buy one as a gift for that special someone.
Get Lost at the Granite Belt Maze
An enjoyable ride of approx. 10kms from Stanthorpe to the Granite Belt Maze. A great way to spend time with the kids, have fun and get some exercise at the same time. Enjoy a relaxing coffee or snack at the kiosk while the kids get lost in the maze (for a few hours if you're lucky) then try and beat them at a game of mini golf.
Granite Belt Maze is open every day of Queensland School Holidays and 6 days (closed Wednesday) outside school holidays from 9:00am - 5:00pm.
Discount entry voucher included with bike hire.